Starfish is application software that enables the user to associate metadata with files and directories in any NAS or network file system. Starfish enables the storage administrator to leverage these metadata to define reports and enforce storage management rules across a diversity of storage devices. Starfish features a sophisticated user interface with both administrative and end-user views as well as a simple yet powerful REST-based API.
- Maximize the value of your storage investments
- Realize the full potential of your data
- Gain insights into storage utilization trends
- Attribute storage costs to projects and grants
- Deliver on your data management plan obligations
- Meet backup and recovery SLAs
- Ensure the long term integrity of your digital assets
- Automate file-based workflows
- Capture metadata at key stages in the research pipeline
We develop core components of Starfish for Starfish Storage Corp.